Dental Implants in Greenville
Get a Brighter Smile that Looks & Feels Completely Natural
A dental implant is an artificially-created tooth root that’s placed into a patient’s jaw in order to hold a replacement tooth or multiple teeth. It is a safe and effective substitution for a natural root and is often in the shape of a screw or cylinder. The implants are placed into their respective sockets and carefully drilled at the exact location of the intended tooth. They can be placed in both the upper and lower jaw. After placement, the implant will biologically bond to the bone and become just as sturdy as your other teeth.
Contact one of our skilled dentists at (252) 391-9333 to learn more and schedule a visit for your dental implants in Greenville today!
Advantages of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a vast range of benefits to the patients who decide to use them. Oftentimes, patients report feeling more confident in their smile and more confident overall, as a result. Backed by over 45 years of combined dental experience, our dentists want to help you get a healthier and happier smile. We can safely and efficiently give you the dental implants you need and deserve.
Here are several benefits of getting dental implants:
- One of the most attractive benefits of dental implants is that they look, feel, and act like natural teeth. That means you won't have any difficulties with eating or cleaning.
- A dental implant replaces missing teeth without sacrificing the health of neighboring teeth. They keep your jaw bone healthy by forming a biological bond with your jaw. This creates a permanent foundation that’s as strong and healthy as the root of a natural tooth.
- Not only are they custom tailored to look and feel great, but dental implants can help maintain a more youthful appearance by preventing jaw bone shrinkage, which can lead to wrinkled lips and a sunken mouth.
- Dental implants function in a way very similar to your natural teeth. They're comfortable and extremely stable, giving you one less thing to worry about. This is an advantage over dentures, which can be poor fitting, loose, and impact your speech and eating abilities.
- Dental implants can last for decades if you take great care of them. Of course there are many factors that can affect the lifespan including smoking, diabetes, oral care, and more. However, our expert team will work with you to create a care plan that will maximize your dental implants.
Precision by Design
Our 3D Cone Beam CT Scan allows us to plan your dental implant with remarkable precision. This scan allows us to take a high resolution 3D scan of your jaws that we use to create surgical guides for your implant. In fact, using these guides, we are able to place the implant within 1/100th of a millimeter to the planned location. This means there are no surprises as to what your smile will look like.
Better yet, this technology allows us to complete your implant quicker and safer than ever before. In addition, you'll have reduced healing time afterwards as well!
You don't have to wait for a better smile. Recent technological advances have made the dental implant procedures faster than ever. In as little as one day, you can have a healthier, happier smile. For example, if a patient has a broken tooth that cannot be saved, we would extract the tooth and replace it with implant. The implant procedure can be done with or without sedation. Once the procedure is done, a temporary crown can then be placed as soon as the next day!
Typical Timeline for Dental Implants
For the first visit: The office procedure can vary but normally takes about one hour for a single implant and two to three hours for multiple implants.
Four to six months after: The jaw is allowed to heal for four to six months during which the bone becomes fused to the implant. You may or may not have a temporary crown during this time. At this point, the implant is uncovered and an abutment is attached.
One week later: The gum is allowed to heal for one week. A permanent crown is then fabricated and permanently attached to the abutment.
Our dentists at Bowman, Padgett and Associates offer several techniques to stop gum recession and restore a healthy gum line.
Call our dentists at (252) 391-9333 to learn more about our dental implants in Greenville and how we can help you get a brighter smile today.