What is the home treatment for wisdom teeth until you see the dentist
Come and see us as soon as possible. Until then to prevent further problems:
1. Depending on how far the infection has spread, a course of antibiotics and painkillers might be necessary
2. If you fell sick and have a fever, then taking plenty of fluids and rest will help
3. Keeping the mouth clean by continuing to gently brush and clean the teeth
4. Swishing as often as possible with warm salty water. This will soothe the area and help to keep the gum flap clean
5. Do not apply heat to the outside of the face because if there is an infection this can draw it out into the deeper structures and onto the face.