Can I have Dental Implant if I smoke?
Most dentists will avoid performing dental implant on patients who smoke.
1. The process of the implant and bone fusing together will drastically slowed down if you smoke and may not even work at all.
2. Smoking will extended thehealing time.
3. You can experience more pain from the procedure and this pain could last for a greater length of time if you smoke.
4. The implant may never heal and result in theremoval of the implant.
5. Bone density may be affected by smoking.
If you do smoke, the risk is higher for failure. The procedure can be done but quitting smoking will improve your chances and prevent any future harm to your body that smoking could cause.
Call Dental Implant Greenville NC (252) 391-9333