How to prevent bottle tooth decay
Preventing bottle tooth decay:
1. After feeding, wipe your child’s teeth and gums with a damp sponge.
2. Parents do not lick the spoon or pacifier before giving it to your child during feeding.
3. Consult with us about how to schedule your child’s first dental appointment.
4. Brush your child’s teeth gently with a child size toothbrush and water only. Check with us if you are considering using fluoride toothpaste from the ages of 2 to 6.
5. Healthy eating habits are highly recommended
6. Try to have your child drink from a cup by the time the child is 12 months old.
7. If using a pacifier, it should be cleaned and not dipped in sugar or honey.
8. Place only milk, formula or breastmilk in bottles (No juice or soft drinks).