As we mature in dental years
How can we maintain our teeth?
1. Use aelectric toothbrush or a soft bristle toothbrush twice a day
2. Try using dental floss or a flossing aid every day
3. Remember, remove your denture or partial every night or at least 4 hours every day. Your tissue needs to breathe just like a mattress on a bed
4. Use a Sodium Fluoride toothpaste at night (prescription toothpaste)- It is affordable and can be often purchased in your dental office.
5. Drink plenty of water, since most contains fluoride
6. Don’t smoke! Smoking increases the chance of gum disease, tooth decay, tooth loss and dry mouth as we mature
7. Visit Drs. Capps, Bowman & Padgett for your regular dental check ups
By following these steps, you will increase your odds in keeping your teeth for a lifetime!