Breast-feeding for the first six months of a infant is recommended by the World Organization. University of Sao Paulo City in Brazil did a research study about breast feeding with infants.
1. Crossbite decreased with longer breast feeding duration
2. Children that did not breast feed had 31.1% incidence of crossbite
3. Children that did breast feed for less than six months had 22.4% incidence of crossbite
4. Children that did breast feed between six to 12 months had 8.3% incidence of crossbite
5. Children that did breast feed for more than 12 months had 2.2% incidence of crossbite
Summary-Breast feed infants for at least 6 months to lower the incidence of crossbite.