Oral cancer facts
1. 25% of all cancer victims are non-smokers, non-drinkers and have no other lifestyle risk factors
2. One person dies from oral-cancer every hour in the U.S.
3. According to the American Cancer Society, Oral cancer affects more than 35,000 people in the U.S. each year
4. 70% of oral cancer cases are diagnosed at a late stage, which accounts for a poor five year survival rate of approximately 60%
5. Oral cancer is twice as prevalent in men as it is in women
6. Approximately 100 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with oral cancer every day, reported by the National Cancer Institute
7. Oral cancer causes 7,500 deaths each year and only slightly more than half of oral cancer patients survive five years
Cancer not only affect the patient but their family members as well. I know because I had a brother that died with cancer at 32 years of age. God Bless You and your family if you have cancer.
During your hygiene appointment, we offer an oral cancer screening that detects early signs of cancer.