Techniques to use while learning how to speak with a new set of dentures:
1. Read aloud from a book or magazine in front of a mirror
2. Try biting down and swallowing just before you begin to speak. This help set your dentures in place.
3. Practice speaking aloud while wearing your new dentures.
4. It is common to have problems pronouncing words with “S” or “F” sounds.
5. You will have excess salvia in your mouth due to a new set of dentures which will cause your speech to not be normal sounding at first.